Please refer to the following link for the latest Government advice on the Corona virushttps://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
At Loscoe CofE Primary School, we believe Literacy to be central to the curriculum. By developing pupils’ abilities to read, write, speak and listen for a wide range of purposes, we hope that our children develop into effective learners across the curriculum. We want children to become enthusiastic, independent and reflective readers both in school and the wider world.
We aim to develop reading by:
• Promoting reading for pleasure
• Teaching children to recognise and engage with subject specific vocabulary.
• Promoting understanding and interpretation of the language used
• Asking children to understand and interpret whole texts
We aim to develop writing by asking children to:
• Spell words correctly and use correct sentence structure and punctuation
• communicate precisely and accurately
• Create, shape and organise texts effectively and according to purpose
• Develop fluent, legible handwriting
We aim to develop speaking and listening by teaching children to:
• Speak confidently in a range of setting
• Actively listen and respond in a range of settings
• Interact and discuss effectively with peers
If you have any queries regarding Literacy in School, please ask for Miss Davy.