At Loscoe CofE Primary School, we believe Literacy to be central to the curriculum. By developing pupils’ abilities to read, write, speak and listen for a wide range of purposes, literacy is a key element in enabling our children to develop into effective learners across the curriculum.
• Read for pleasure
• Recognise and engage with subject specific vocabulary.
• Understand and interpret the language of questions and instructions.
• Understand and interpret whole texts
• Spell words correctly and use correct sentence structure and punctuation
• communicate precisely and accurately
• Create, shape and organise texts effectively and according to purpose
• Develop fluent, legible handwriting
Speaking and Listening
• Speak confidently in a range of setting
• Actively listen and respond in a range of settings
• Interact and discuss effectively with peers