At Loscoe we place an emphasis on school sport and PE, we have recently achieved considerable success in these areas, at local, regional and national levels. Some of our successes include the following:
- 2019/20 AVSSP Small Schools Overall Champion School
- 2019/20 AVSSP Small Schools winners in KS2 Indoor Rowing, KS1 Athletics, Y3/4 Dodgeball, SEN Football and SEN Athletics
- 2018/19 AVSSP Small Schools Overall Runners-Up in Champions School Competition
- 2018/19 AVSSP Small Schools winners in Y3/4 Athletics and Y5/6 Futsal
- Being named Derbyshire School Sports Primary Team of the Year 2015,
- Reaching the National Finals of the ESFA Small School Mini Soccer Competition,
- Small Primary School Mini Soccer County Champions 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16,
- Qualifying for the East Midlands Regional Netball Finals 2015, 2016,
- Derbyshire County Basketball Champions 2016
Please read the information below which gives details about how we allocate the spending.
At Loscoe Primary School we are committed to developing the whole child physically through high quality Physical Education, which is supported by a competitive annual calendar of school sport. In addition to this, we also provide physical activities for children who want to dance and become active outside the means of school sport.
Here at Loscoe, we also develop our staff through the means of team teaching in order to improve the quality of the teaching and learning. We actively access competitive school sport and provide an opportunity for all young people to participate in clubs at least once per year.
We achieve this in the following ways:
- By accessing team teaching support from the Amber Valley School Sport Partnership (AVSSP) for 1 day per week to work with staff.
- We affiliate to the AVSSP so we can access an annual calendar of competitions and regularly look to arrange fixtures with local schools and also run an inclusive sports day annually for KS1 and KS2.
- We use the sport premium to develop breakfast and extra curricular clubs within the school for all ages.
- Pupils who are entitled to pupil premium funding can access sports clubs free of charge where cost is a barrier to participation.
- Finally we develop physical activity through intervention groups to support movement and health such as the Derbyshire 5/60 programme and bike ability delivery.
To find out about our school's PE Curriculum, please click here.